Food Safety Bill Shenanigans from Campaign for Liberty.....and confirmed.
Posted by Tim Shoemaker on 12/08/10 12:19 PM
Last updated 12/08/10 12:35 PM
The Bill Number is HR 3082, and it is 423 pages, you can find it here....maybe today only.
Sources on the Hill have informed us the Food Safety Bill was folded into the House Continuing Resolution, which authorizes the funding of government into 2011.
As you may remember, the Food Safety Act was "blue slipped" by the House Democrats, after the Senate passed it, because Harry Reid included a section that raised taxes (which the Constitution requires to begin in the House).
Additionally, the House will consider Rep. Slaughter's "Martial Law / Same Day Authority Rule through Dec. 18" H. Res. 1752, which will allow the Democratic majority to bring bills up with almost no notice through Dec. 18.
This is nothing more than an attempt to keep the American people in the dark and prevent them from mobilizing in opposition to their statist power grabs.
Contact your Congressman today and tell them to take the Food Safety language out of the Continuing Resolution and to oppose H. Res. 1752, which would allow the Democrats to ram through their statist agenda with little transparency.
One method to use....but CALL often!!!
Newton, NJ http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/o/568/t/0/blastContent.jsp?email_blast_KEY=12 00289
S.510: Hidden in House Amendment to Senate Amendment to House Bill! HR 3082 now hides S 510! Well, It's Not Hidden From US! Take These 3 Steps NOW to Protect Food Freedom
1. Take Action NOW for each member of your household to tell your Representatives that you STONGLY OPPOSE adopting the language of S. 510 in this or any other amendment or bill:
2. Visit http://www.congress.org/congressorg/directory/congdir.tt, enter your zip code to find your Representative's name and phone number. CALL IT! Yes, the line may be busy. Keep trying. Give the person who answers this message:
"I am calling to strongly opposed adopting the language of S. 510, the so-called Food Safety Modernization Act. This language is currently attached to 'CR/Food Safety House Amendment to the Senate Amendment to H.R. 3082 - Full-Year Continuing Appropriations Act, 2011/FDA Food Safety Modernization Act'. I urge Representative [name] in the strongest possible terms to vote against this amendment and to oppose this language in any bill or amendment."
The phone lines may be busy. Keep trying. This is literally an 11th hour attempt by Big Agribiz to control every bite you eat, and make sure it is to their liking, not yours.
3. Using Social Media like Facebook and Twitter, using your phone lists and your email contacts, get the word out, urging everyone you can contact to do the same:
1. Take the Action Item
2. Call the House of Representatives to deliver the message above
3. Take the message viral to THEIR contact and so on....post and cross post, please.